Search for your favourite recipe

Monday 1 October 2012

The Jess's Messes B&B Experience

Hello food.....

For my lovely sister's 30th birthday, me and the brother bought her a trip to Madame Butterfly in Manchester. So, it was natural that Elly and her friend - Rachel would stay at mine for the evening. However, I did not feel that just allowing my house was enough. I decided to become a chauffeur, chef, host, bar lady a bit of everything - The Jess's Messes B&B opened - for one night and one night only.

The wives!
Obviously the key bit to this story is the breakfast. There was a limited choice, as no one likes wastage. So the Full English or Muffin with scrambled egg and smoked salmon. Both chose the Full English. I genuinely believe there is no joy in a gready fry up, so I made it as healthy as possible, grilling rather than frying.

The result was a breakfast enjoyed by all, and a very successful first attempt at B&B. Both Elly and Rach said they felt 'thoroughly spoilt' which is totally what I was aiming for! :)

 Will this establishment open again? Probably not..... but who knows what the future holds...........


No comments:

Post a Comment